“Is Your Business Socially Awkward?” was the title for a 3.5 hour workshop on strategies Marketing by Social Media.
Social media sites are growing 10 times the speed of any other internet sites.
Years to reach 50 million users: radio, 38 years; television, 13 years; internet, 4 years and iPod, 3 years.
Facebook added 100 million users in less than nine months and iPhone applications hit 1 billion in nine months.
If we look at the numbers, then this should be a compelling reason to use social media. Stop! Before you dive head-first into social media, you need a clear purpose and strategy because if you get this right, your market will spread your message for you and you will have raving fans beating a path to your door.
If you get it wrong, however, you will be shocked how swiftly an angry crowd turns on you and your reputation will be in tatters.
Your Brands can now be strengthened or destroyed by the use of Social Media.
- Why a lack of strategy can lead to social media suicide? Questions you should be asking before you dive into social media marketing.
- Creating your own social media framework, it is like going to a party.
- They are already talking about you, learn how to monitor the conversation and how to take the appropriate action when you get negative feedback.
- Pitch and Perish, the number one mistake in social media. Learn this lesson, you are there to be you, not a giant ad for your company; advertising is less effective at influencing consumers than the opinions of their friends!
- It is not about controlling the channel. It is now driven by the six C’s; discover how this strategy makes all the difference.
- Case studies of social media best practise and the victims who got social media so wrong!
As there were over 300 powerpoint slides, I will endeavour to breakdown the presentation into short videos.