The business does onsite and remote support, software sales, printer & accessory sales, security product sales. What's the most effective way to get the attention of businesses.
Have you thought about pay per click programs? The two biggest, I think, are Yahoo! and Google
A few free resources – check out the sources box for links:
1) Create a blog pertaining to your field
2) Use Yahoo! Local & Yahoo! Groups – Be sure to read the TOS for each one!
3) Write articles pertaining to your field and/or expertise.
4) Advertise on Craiglist
Also, consider signing up for an affiliate program. These programs enable you to advertise on other's sites (your affiliates) and once a sale is made to you, your affiliates & the program are paid a commission.
I listed a few handy sites & articles relating to marketing, promotion & advertising. Here are some book titles that are relevant:
* The Complete Idiot's Guide to Marketing Basics by Sarah White
* The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries, Jack Trout
* Creative Advertising: Ideas and Techniques from the World's Best Campaigns by Mario Pricken
* Entrepreneur Magazine's Ultimate Small Business Marketing Guide: Over 1500 Great Marketing Tricks That Will Drive Your Business Through the Roof by James Stephenson
* 301 Do-It-Yourself Marketing Ideas: From America's Most Innovative Small Companies by Sam Decker
Hope that helps! I wish you much success & happiness in all your ventures!